The altarpiece is from 1610 and the pulpit from 1949. Of note is the font from around the year 1200, dominated by dancing figures whose symbolism is unknown.
A beautiful double portal can be seen in the porch and, in a glass case, a piece of wood found during the 1950 restoration, possibly dating from an early wooden church and re-used in construction of the granite building.
In front of the church on the area called the 'Bride's Square' are placed a kilometer marker stone and five border stones which during the Prussian occupation of Southern Jutland stood on the Danish/German border at Kongeaaen.
The church is closed to the public Sundays and holidays. Normal time of services is 9 a.m. or l0.30 a.m.
Last updated byVisit Vejen turistinformation firstname.lastname@example.org
City / Area
- Rødding, Vejen
CoordinatesLongtitude : 9.153321
Latitude : 55.418569