Slangerup Station

The railway station in Slangerup was built to the opening of the Copenhagen-Slangerup Line 1906 by admiral Andreas du Plessis de Richelieu.

The architect was Heinrich Wenck - the most famous Danish designer for buildings to Danish railways and the style is "national-romantic".

The railway line closed down 1954, but the building continued to function as the local post office. During the 1990'ies the building was out of use and ended up very close to total destruction.

In 2004 the foundation "Mariehjemmene" took over the building and renewed it completely. Today it is one of the most remarkable eksamples of architect Heinrich Wenck's designs.  

Last updated by

VisitNordsjælland info@visitnordsjaelland.com
 

Kontakt

Adres

Stationsvej 4
3550 Slangerup

Facilities

  • Access

    • only visible from the outside
  • City / Area

    • Slangerup
  • Disabled persons

    • disability limitations
  • General facilities

    • coach/truck parking
    • dogs allowed
    • kiosk
    • tables / benches

Find routes

Find a route to this destination

Od

Transport

  • Coordinates

    Longtitude : 12.17568
    Latitude : 55.844402